Pages

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Upcoming Stuff

I've got some stuff on the burner for this blog; I'm just not ready to post it yet (I'm trying to get in the habit of completing multi-part articles before I start posting them). In the meantime, a quick teaser:

First, I'm working on a series explaining some of the key ways in which first-century Jewish (and to a certain extent, Greek) culture is different from ours today. This one is taking more time than I originally anticipated because I'm trying to source everything.

Secondly, I'm doing a series of studies on the Gospel according to Yochanan and Kefa. What, you say? There is no Gospel of Peter? Partly true; however, the Gospel account of Mark was written from Kefa's sermons (Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 3.1.1), so we can regard it as being, in effect, Kefa's Gospel account, ghost-written by Mark.

So why these two Gospel accounts? Why not Matthew or Luke? While I intend to dip into the latter two accounts for additional details, I've chosen John and Mark for two reasons: First, because they were based on the accounts of those closest to the Messiah Yeshua, and secondly, because Yochanan evidentially intentionally wrote his account to suppliment Mark.

I hope to have the Gospel series started this weekend; I've got the notes--I just need to flesh them out and make them readible text.

Shalom

No comments: